Dec 3, 2010

Chicago (Part II)

My friend was free on Saturday for most of the day, so we wandered the city together. We went shopping, and Pengu made some friends outside a random store:



We then wandered over to a small park. It was advertised in a guidebook as a Wizard of Oz park, and I was hoping for something really nifty and Oz themed. The statues were cool, but the rest of the park was too calm and uninteresting for my mood at the time:


We then walked around the area before heading back downtown to go to the Sears (now Willis, but I like calling it Sears) tower. They have a nifty little observation deck like protrusion thing. I took a picture looking down while standing on it:
It was fun. I was a bit scared to jump on it though. Go figure, my irrational fear of heights. :)

The next day, I headed home. I drove from about noon until 5 pm. I was driving when the sun started setting over the Illinois plains/farms/cornfields. I thought it was pretty so I tried to take a picture... but since I was the only one in the car, the picture didn't turn out so great:

<3
Hao

No comments:

Post a Comment