Nov 30, 2010

Chicago (Part I)

I decided to drive to Chicago to visit my friend who lives there and watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at midnight. :) We stayed up until 4 am hanging out that night. Then, the next morning, I got up and went exploring downtown.

Chicago is a super expensive city, but otherwise it's cute. I have a friend in St. Louis who is from there and hates it.

Anyway, I like sculptures, so I decided to stalked down the Miro sculpture. When I found it, I was all happy inside. It was really tall:
I really liked how it has patches of color.


Behind the sculpture, you can see stained glass windows from a church (I don't remember what kind). I decided to look though them, and they were essentially images from the church's history. The one about fire spoke to me the most. I love how vibrant the flames shooting out of the building look:

I then walked over the Millennium Park because I wanted to see what that was all about. I really liked the shiny bean and the reflections from under it. (My friend from Chicago ranted to me later about how much the bean cost and how a small private airport that was also used for transplant organs was torn down to build the park which made me sorta sad.)

And then I wandered around downtown towards the Field Museum. I wanted to see Sue the T-rex, but it was too expensive. On the way, I saw a pretty fountain and a pretty view of the city:
I really like public gardens and what not.

That night, after dinner, my friend who I was visiting and her cousin walked around the city with me. I saw this sculpture:
It was called the flamingo. It immediately made me think of a sculpture in Seattle called the eagle. I like how I see sculptures by the same people in so many different cities. :)

That was day 1 in chicago. Will post more later.

<3
Hao

2 comments:

  1. i saw it. it was across the street. there were just too many things in the way. (some weird xmas thing they were doing)

    ReplyDelete