Dec 29, 2010

Reverb10 (29)

December 29 – Defining Moment
Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year.

For me, life is often just life. I don't really think anything has drastically affected my life this year. It's not something I think about often or even really like thinking about unless I'm feeling melancholy.

Trying t o answer the question... I think somewhere along the line I decided to embrace the fact that I have girly tendencies. I started occasionally wearing make up -- eye liner and eye shadow. I wear dresses with leggings now. And sometimes I even wear high heeled shoes. :) I also discovered (maybe rediscovered) I really like hats. None of this really feel like events though.

I started this blog -- which I guess is a moment but also feels like a series of events. I like making myself put words to screen/paper. It's good for me. I like narration and I miss writing for fun.

In 2010 I made one really close friend -- which is one more than I expected to -- and a bunch of other fairly good friends who, due to circumstances, will probably not be as close. I don't think in 10 years I will remember this fact though.

Life is just lived. I don't think any moment can really define it. They all connect together feeling after feeling, moment after moment, flowing. I like life for the flow, for the ability to change, for the spontaneity. Looking for and grasping at defining moments neglect that flow that defines life for me. Thus, I refuse to find a DEFINING moment because I don't believe in it.

<3
Hao

2 comments:

  1. crap. I've tried to write this three times now! I like your post. My earlier comments were pithier. I like that you said that life is a series of events that make up a watshed moment.

    Also. I have long been uncomfortable with being girlie. I have recently embraced eye makeup and lipstick...and sparkly converse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i like converse too... haven't experienced SPARKLY converse, but they sound rather fantastic!

    ReplyDelete