Dec 21, 2010

Reverb10 (17 and 18)

Reverb10

December 17 – Lesson Learned What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)
I think one of the things I've become more aware of is my neediness, at least emotionally. I don't want to be needy, but I am. I like hugs and warmth and all that. I want to be appreciated but I don't know how to accept appreciation well. Unfortunately, when I interact, I mostly reciprocate so I don't always get closer to people. Unless I really really like a person when I first meet him/her, I will return the style of interaction. If you're nice to me, I'll be good to you. If you're only ok, I'll be semi-nice. If you're somewhat mean, I'll be cruel. I will talk to you if you talk to me about equally important things. Sometimes I will open more to encourage interaction. Otherwise, it's some sort of fairness and reciprocity.

I don't really think it's something to be applied going forward. I don't think my neediness is really that detrimental. I'm aware of it and can deal with it. I have really good friends to fall back on and the awareness that they're there will help. The information is just amusing for me.



 December 18 – Try What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)

Skydiving. I bought a groupon. I didn't really think about trying things this year. I guess there were random kitchen things I tried: making pesto, pie crusts from scratch, making ice cream and sorbet. They mostly turned out tasty (I have pictures of a lot of them on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment