Aug 29, 2010

Getting to China and Day 0

Getting to China was stressful. I did make it safely and not too late. However, I was supposed to fly United Airlines then AA from Chicago. My UA flight was delayed enough such that I knew I would miss my AA flight. I ended up flying Delta to Detroit and then to Shanghai. Unfortunately, UA was incompetent and did not get my luggage to Delta and my check in luggage ended up in Chicago and not Detroit. :(

When I arrived, it was already 7. My cousin, his wife, and I went to a little place to eat. It was only reasonably tasty, but I took pictures anyway.

The first thing we got was soup. I got quail and longyan soup. When I say quail, I mean quail. I had an entire little bird in the bowl -- including the beak! You can see the thighs in the picture fairly clearly.


We also got some veggies and  then some pickled chicken feet. I expected the chicken feet to be room temperature, but they weren't so I was startled. It was tasty but the pickles aren't as good as the ones my mom make. My cousin and his wife agreed.

We then got these funny round looking things that you could stuff veggies into. The whole wheat bun was pretty good, but I was rather full from my soup, so I didn't eat many and took a picture instead.

The last thing we ordered was a fish. I mean a fish. :D
 Don't you love it's scary beady eyes and gaping mouth? Hehe. My cousin's wife told me not to make him face her, so I turned him around to face my cousin. He took some chopsticks and started eating its face. I don't know why it made me happy, but it did.

Will post more later.

<3
Hao

1 comment:

  1. i got that whole wheat bun thing when i was in chengdu with joe's family! debby ate like 5 of them, I believe :) they were rather delicious but ours were with corn and meats.

    ReplyDelete