Aug 17, 2010

Bread with Roasted Garlic and Lentil Patties

Last night, I made tasty dinner! It was bread with roasted garlic and butter and lentil patties. I wanted roasted garlic because last week, I had gone with some friends to a pizza place and got the garlic bread appetizer. It was SO TASTY and SO SIMPLE, so I had to make it. I also got some free chutney at an Indian event my Indian friends dragged me to, so I wanted to use that for something tasty. Thus, I found a lentil cake recipe that sounded doable and tried it.


The bread is a simple recipe called the one minute bread hack. My roommate and I both love it. Anyway, we don't make it on a pan because pans make funny oblong shaped bread that isn't as ideal.

The batter usually sits for a day or overnight:

We then flour a cast iron pan:
And pour the dough in. I like sprinkling the batter with liberal amounts of herbs because things smell extra tasty that way:
We then bake it and it turns out beautiful:


My other project was lentil cakes I found with google. They seemed fairly easy to make so I decided to try the recipe.

The lentils were simple enough to cook. I cooked them and the onions. I sorta burnt the onions and didn't want to use all of my roommate's curry powder so I added cinnamon, ginger, coriander, cumin, and some tumeric. One problem I have is recipes never require the amount of spices they say they do.  :D I like spicy flavorful food. I can't help it.

When the lentils smelled JUST RIGHT, I pureed them. This was my other issue. I don't have a food processor. Blenders are DIFFICULT for thick things. Anyway, I did manage to get some semblance of mush out of my lentils:


and finally I spooned them onto the cast iron for further cooking:


They weren't perfectly round, but I think it was fairly good for a first try. They went well with the chutney and the bread was really good with butter and garlic! :D


I hope my food makes you as happy as it makes me!
<3
Hao

No comments:

Post a Comment