Aug 16, 2010

Candied Pecans

I just realized I post a lot about food. I guess that makes sense mostly because food is part of everyday life. I can go days without sewing or painting, but I can't spend more than 5 hours without eating and stay happy.

Actually, today has been a great day for food! I had a mango, two bananas and lots of celery and hummus. More excitingly, I got to eat some Indian food (samosas and little lentil filled spicy pastries with delicious chutney. I may have to cook some potatoes and get some rice krispies to eat with the rest of the chutney I have) and had DELICIOUS beef that my friend Joe brought back from Atlanta. nom nom nom!

But today's culinary kitchen thing for me was making candied pecans. My roommate got some rosemary pecans from Trader Joe's that I LOVED so I decided to make my own. This is the second time I've made them and I love them so much.

The TJ's ones only have rosemary and sugar. Mine are an upgrade because they have rosemary, nutmeg, cinnamon, and CAYENNE along with brown sugar and honey to candy the pecans. :D


Anyway, the recipe is really simple. Oven at 350 degrees. Mix lots of cinnamon, some cayenne and bits of nutmeg and cinnamon along withe some oil and tons of sugar with the pecans in a glass bowl. Then, put them single layer on a baking sheet with parchment paper. It should look like this:

Then, bake for 10-20 minutes until they look delicious. Toss with left over sugar that didn't go on the pan. Add honey if needed to make them look like this:


Add cranberries if you like. And YAY! You have candied pecans!


Enjoy!
<3
Hao

No comments:

Post a Comment