Aug 30, 2010

China Day 1: British Pavilion

Day 1 in China was day 1 at the world expo. I took pictures, but the camera card broke. I will try to recover them, but no guarantees.

Anyway, one of the main reasons I wanted to go the world expo so badly is the Seed Cathedral at the UK Pavilion. It's a building made from acrylic tubes with seeds embedded in them. Conceptually, it sounded amazing, but I wanted to see it in real life. One of those "great concept, but will it execute properly?" sort of thing.

I went to see it and it was amazing! It actually exceeded my expectations! (the pictures are from day 2, but I also went day 1, so I'm posting as day 1)

First, here's a closeup of the tubes:



This is what they look like as I zoom out:



And lastly, the building itself:

On my way out, I also saw these plants. They were too weird not to photograph. Anyone know what they are?

Lastly, the image of the entire seed cathedral from a small distance away:

Hope you enjoyed!
<3
Hao

No comments:

Post a Comment