Aug 18, 2010

Garlic Soup

I like garlic. I like garlic so much that my friends and I don't really talk about how many CLOVES we eat. We eat garlic by the BULB!

Anyway, I made a LOT of roasted garlic for my bread. What should I do with so much garlic? Make roasted garlic soup! I've been drooling over this recipe for a while now and finally got around to buying some brie from Trader Joe's. YAY!


So I pretty much followed the recipe here. My garlic was dry, so I added a bit of water to roast it with. Here's what it looks like pre-cooked:
And the garlic after and hour of roasting: 

 While the garlic was cooking, I started the broth and the veggies:

It cooked down. I added water, switched it to a stockpot and waited for the garlic to ready and for use to finish eating what we wanted. I ended up with 3 full bulbs of garlic and 5 other bulbs I decided to roast just in case. Again, I decided not to follow recipe. It's a miracle my food is edible.

Anyway, I took the garlic, dumped it into a Mason Jar and pureed it with some veggies and soup. Then I dumped it back into my pot and mixed well:

One of my guy friends ran over and ended up drinking two bowls with bread. :D I took some brie and put it on the bottom of the bowl. I think that's a better way to serve it because the brie is still distinct and identifiable -- exactly how I like my fancy snooty cheeses. :D

This is really a delicious recipe. Try it and tell me what you think!
<3
Hao

No comments:

Post a Comment