Oct 4, 2010

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start

I don't really like pubs. I don't like the smell of smoke, of people, of too many humans being inebriated. Yet, for some reason, I decided to go on a pub crawl last Friday.

I guess it makes sense. It was the 25th anniversary Nintendo and some kids from the biological sciences department decided to have a "Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start" themed pub crawl. The concept's geekiness won over my aversion to humans, cigarettes, and over inebriation.  I even ended up getting a drink!

The best thing about the event, however, were the costumes of some of the attendees. There were all the Mario and Wario brothers. I only got one picture of them:

There was also a Yoshi. I got really excited because I like how Yoshi eats people and poops them out as eggs in smash brothers. In fact, I had brought along my own little Yoshi plush to get a picture with the bigger Yoshi man:
My Yoshi plush seemed more pleased by all of this than the Yoshi man, but we can't all be happy. 

I also learned that night how difficult riding children's tricycles and bicycles can be. I have a new found respect for people like the Yoshi-man for doing this:

All in all, it was a good night. 

<3
Hao


No comments:

Post a Comment