Oct 26, 2010

Making Sushi at Home

I went to visit one of my best friends over the weekend in Seattle. It made me super happy! :D

While I was there, one of the things we decided to do was buy blocks of sashimi fish from the store and make rolls. We got two chunks of salmon, two of eel, and one of tuna. Then we cut them into strips, cut cucumbers and avocados into strips, and cooked some sushi rice. (Generally, I add a tablespoon of sushi vinegar for every "cup" of rice after all is done cooking.)

Note: by cup I mean those cups that come with rice cookers that are really just 2/3 cups of uncooked rice.

We then had lots of fun rolling and making our own sushi!



And here's a closeup of our slightly not very round sushi roll pieces! I think we got better as we progressed. I think I got better at making the rolls tighter and the cut pieces became prettier too.

Anyway, they were SO TASTY! :D We even had enough for leftovers! HUZZAH!

<3
Hao

1 comment: