Sep 3, 2010

Vebally Normal's Results and Aftermath

So, remember how I said I was dared to be verbally normal for a work day? That went interestingly. As I said, I had three strikes. My first strike was a "Merrrrrr" I uttered because I was grouchy at my friend for mentioning minions (from Despicable Me) or maybe it was for being hungry and not having enough unhealthy food to eat. My second strike (which didn't count because it really wasn't my fault and I really should not have been provoked) was when my friend who challenged me poked me in my tickle spot repeatedly until I squawked.  The rest of the day went well. I spoke coherently (but not quite normally due to my not quite normal random ideas) and I managed not to make any minion sounds and jibberish speak. Go me.

So I was given pastries. I ate them so fast, I could only get these two semi blurry pictures. Sorry. :D The filling is indian spiced ground chicken and potatoes. mmmm.



Also, due to the fact that I was forced to speak normally, I spent a good 30 minutes on Friday speaking in pure jibberish. I took styrofoam and rubbed it on my friend's hair, making his hair go all staticy and stand on end. I then told him (in jibberish) to do the same for my hair. He took about 2 minutes before actually understanding. Unfortunately, my hair didn't work very well with the styrofoam. Then, I ran around speaking jibberish to people. One girl decided to poke me, which caused me to make a noise. She then poked me in a different spot. I make a different noise. Then came shoulder, hand, tummy, hand, shoulder, kidney area, belly button. I had to make different noises for most of those places. It was ridiculous. Then I made a mistake and we laughed. I made a minion sound and ran away.

I wonder if sleep deprivation and a sugar high contributed to all this as well. I had finished reading Her Fearful Symmetry -- a novel by the writer of Time Traveler's Wife. I think I'll talk about that a different day.

<3
Hao

1 comment:

  1. I think we should all speak in only kidney-poke noises ~ this post makes me less fearful that the verbally normal experiment will become a permanent state :)

    ReplyDelete