Sep 7, 2010

Everyone's a Little Bit Sociolpathic!

Everyone's a little bit socialpathic. Or at least we all have a fondness for sociopathic characters. I've been watching Dexter recently and I started to ask myself: Why do we love Dexter? Sure, he's funny and awesome, and somehow charming. But really? I think we all like sociopaths.

We like sociopaths as villains. Think: Darth Vader, Voldemort, Heero Yuy (from Gundam Wing), any horror movie scary person. We also like the strange, awkward, anti-social characters. At least I do.

But why do we like sociopaths? I think it's the crazy inside all of us. Everyone gets those moments when we want to kill something or rip someone's head off (or maybe it's just what we say when we're angry). I also think sociopaths are able to say/do things we're not willing to say/do. We can live vicariously and that gives us a way to release unpleasant emotions.

So everyone can be a little crazy and have a fondness for crazy emotionally disconnected people. I think it's healthy.

Cheers to sociopathic characters! I'm going to go drink some tea now and watch more Dexter.

<3
Hao

No comments:

Post a Comment