Mar 17, 2011

Firespinning Tonight!

I <3 fire. I <3 how St. Louis has really lax firespinning laws. That's why my roommate and I go fire spinning often.

Yesterday, I decided I was going to drag some friends with me to watch me spin. I'm not very good, but I am very addicted to the art. If you've never HEARD fire, you won't understand, but the whooshing sound is so loud and so close to your ears that it makes your blood rush. It is one of my two addictions (the other is caffeine).

Anyway, my friend has a really nice camera, and he took some pictures of me tonight. I might post more later, but here are 3 to start. Enjoy!

 Fans. This was right after I lit them. I over fueled them enough that my safety was telling me to be careful. 

 Fans later. I like fans and the idea of playing with body position and arm position. There isn't much to do with fans other than dancing. I don't have a dance background... but i like to move to music... if only there were drums at the handlebar. :/ I really like their backyard patio though. The fence and ground are painted in really fun and nifty ways!
 Staff. I was spinning it around myself and then brought it over my head. You can see it in the fire trails. Also, I spent the last part of the photo looking up.



<3
Hao

1 comment: