Nov 1, 2010

iPod Case

So I have a sewing machine. I've had a sewing machine for a number of years now but I never bothered to learn how to sew. Why? because I'm lazy and busy and it didn't start living with me until this year. Anyway, I decided to learn how to use the thing and what better way to learn than to do a project?

So, I cleared out my painting space and turned it into a sewing station. I think my next few projects will involve sewing, so it was important I get some space for it.

This is what the space looks like right now:

My first mini-project was to make an iPod case for my recently acquired 3rd Generation iPod touch. :D My parents got it for me over the summer and I finally got around to getting it a screen protector so I started using it recently. It is love!

I learned how to sew in a straight line and how to make button holes with the button foot thing (the instruction manual is actually turned to that page). I also figured out how to make small holes just normally. This second part was at the suggestion of my roommate who said having a place for headphones would be a good idea in a case design. I'm glad I listened. 

Anyway, here are some pictures of the final product next to my iPod touch and with headphones plugged in. :D
The case as it is all nice and cute and ready for my iPod to nest inside it. 
 See? The button holes actually work!

And tada! Headphones and iPod all happily interacting with the case!

I'm so proud of myself! I hope you love seeing these pictures as much as I love my little iPod case!

<3
Hao

No comments:

Post a Comment