May 6, 2011

PIE-venture!

I have a friend who LOVES pie. And I really do mean LOVE pie. Recently, he heard from his mother that there is an amazing pie place about 40 minutes outside of St Louis with good country food and famous, travel network worthy pie.

With much gusto, my friend gathered many of us on a pie-venture. We drove for 40  minutes and arrived at a dinky little town called Kimmswick, Missouri. The pie place was definitely the largest structure in the area. And it was painted blue -- rather appropriate since it was called the Blue Owl:




We went inside, ordered normal food and then got PIE! There was SO MUCH PIE! I couldn't even name them all... so I'll just so you pictures:









But the niftiest pie of all was this mini-pie, shaped like a top hat, filled with apples and caramel. Isn't it cute?


And when you cut it open, deliciousness is revealed:

After eating pie, we wandered around the town for a bit. There wasn't much exciting. I laughed when I saw this door:
 Because the sign on the window said:

And at the end, I was oddly fascinated by an elevated barn and some tractors:


And that was a pie-venture!
<3
Hao

2 comments:

  1. I could eat pie everyday for breakfast! Reading this and seeing all the wonderful photos was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. most amazing pie shop ever!!!!!!!! i want to go now omg pie yummmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete